iOS by default lack basic features like the ability to easily download files, queue downloads, open your downloaded files, etc... It isn't easy to do these things while not being jailbroken, so DHelper has been created to help you manage your files easily and directly from your iDevice.
DHelper is an application that allow you to launch downloads, queue them, and the best is that it also allow you to read your previously downloaded files directly from within the app ! It has been developed with simplicity in mind and style, making you happy to use it :).
Here is the description of the application :
Compatible from iOS 9
DHelper is the complete downloads manager which was missing in iOS !
With DHelper you can easily download your files on the go and read them from inside the application ! To download a file, simply enter the direct url in the related alert or use the included web browser to search for your file.
Here is a complete list of features (will change through the time and update) :
- Simple but beautiful UI
- Simply download a file by entering his url in the related alert
- You can also use the included web browser to search for your file and launch the download by clicking on the link
- Support queuing downloads without limitation
- You can pause a download or cancel it
- Use the embedded files explorer to watch your recently downloaded movie, photo, listen to your music, etc... You can also use it to rename, remove and open your files in another app !
- Several options included such as cleaning your downloads, cleaning your downloads queue, modifying the search engine used by the web browser
Note : if a file extension is not supported by the web browser, copy his url by long-pressing on it. Also let me know so that I'll update DHelper to support it in the future. Same goes for the files explorer ;)
Note 2 : Some of you have asked me on Twitter "why to not have made it available through the AppStore ?". Simply because I already tried to add this feature to my AppStore app called FileStore with an update but the Apple review team rejected it because it could allow to download pirated files, whereas other AppStore apps contain similar feature... Another proof of the random punishment against little developers !
If you have any questions or bugs to submit, contact me by mail or through Twitter at @SynnyG_R ;)
Here are the screenshots of the application :
How to get DHelper ?
Simply head over to your favorite package manager, add Packix source, go to the "Search" tab and tap "DHelper". You can also click the button bellow to open the DHelper description's page in your web browser.
!!! IMPORTANT NOTE !!!
Please do not download DHelper from a pirate repo as it could contain malware that could force you to restore your device for example ! By not doing this, you will also contribute to future development, which is greatly appreciated :)